Agricultural Extension and Rural Development Department
The Agricultural Extension is a selective informal type of education, fully directed to the capacity building of the productive sectors (farmers, rural families and rural youth). So we view the Department in the future as a research and training center in the area of rural Development and extension at a national and regional levels.
Agricultural extension is a non-formal educational device designed to build the capacities of the productive sectors. Therefore, we look forward to the department becoming a center for research and training in the field of agricultural extension and rural development at the national and regional levels.
- Supporting the rural development process with qualified human cadres and relevant and useful research for the development process.
- Develop approaches and concepts that serve as a vector for development and publish technology.
- Training of students on the transfer, dissemination and adoption of modern technologies in rural areas.
- Training of learners on guiding methods and means and their uses in agricultural development.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of the concept of rural development.
Bachelor Degrees Offered
B.Sc in Extension and Rural Development