Food Sciences and Technology Department
The Department of Food Science and Technology achieves its stated goals based on human values that do not conflict with Sudanese values in terms of beliefs and morals. The department has designed a comprehensive curriculum and this can be summarized as follows:
- Providing the student with integrated knowledge in the various fields of food industry technology, which includes dried foods, dairy products, vegetable and fruit manufacturing, refrigerated foods, grain technology, special foods, food additives, Sudanese foods, Food irradiation, food safety, and more.
- Giving the student basic information about the problems related to the post-manufacturing stages such as packaging, pollution, spoilage, shelf life and food quality.
- Providing the community with qualified and trained graduates for technical assistance in the field of food manufacturing and food quality assessment.
- Providing general knowledge about food through workshops, conferences and distributing short pamphlets to inform consumers about their food.
- The department conducts scientific research to upgrade and develop food manufacturing processes and find new food formulas by focusing on the health aspects of food.
- The department prepares special training programs for food workers to raise their specialized skills. - Completion of the student’s study of this curriculum, which is carefully designed to meet the needs of the Sudanese society.
The graduate of this department can have acquired high-level training and an estimated knowledge background in the field of food science and technology. Accordingly, this graduate can work in the following sectors
- Public and private sectors To test food products and manufacturing technology.
- The authorities concerned with providing technical services and selling related devices or those working in the field of providing food ingredients to food factories.
- Companies working in the field of developing food processing operations.
- As a production manager in food factories.
- Food quality control departments in food factories.
- As a consultant in the field of developing the food product or developing the manufacturing process.
- As an editor in the media circles concerned with food (magazines, newspapers, books on cooking, etc.)
Bachelor Degrees Offered
B.Sc in Food Science and Technology