Horticultural Sciences Department
Started as a division and developed into a department in 1995 ( Diploma, B.Sc, Master and PHD research degrees in Horticulture). It includes four divisions: fruits, vegetables, ornamentals and medicinal plants
Horticultural science is an applied science that has a direct dimension in solving the problems of society and its promotion and economic, social and development life and its push to keep pace with scientific, regional and local developments.
- Enumeration and qualification of cadres that assist in the promotion of horticultural activity in the community.
- Improving the capabilities of students and following up their progress in the field of horticultural sciences
- Conducting applied research in the fields of horticultural sciences to provide scientific solutions and participate in community service.
- To improve academic performance, improve the quality of graduates, and create highly qualified cadres in horticultural sciences.
- Developing the profession and efficiency of horticultural graduates in the fields of horticultural production and horticultural services, planning and evaluating programs and providing advice in various horticultural projects.
- Apply the results of scientific research and acquire capabilities in the management of horticultural work.
Bachelor Degrees Offered
B.Sc in Horticulture